- Received September 29, 2014
- Revision received April 20, 2015
- Accepted April 22, 2015
- Published in print June 3, 2015.
- Anna M. W. Taylor1,2,
- Annie Castonguay3,4,
- Alison J. Taylor2,
- Niall P. Murphy2,
- Atefeh Ghogha2,
- Christopher Cook1,
- Lihua Xue5,
- Mary C. Olmstead6,
- Yves De Koninck3,4,
- Christopher J. Evans2, and
- Catherine M. Cahill1,5
- 1Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697,
- 2Hatos Center for Neuropharmacology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095,
- 3Institut Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Québec 2601, Chemin de la Canardiere, Québec G1J 2G3, Canada,
- 4Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Université Laval, Québec G1V OA6, Canada,
- 5Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada, and
- 6Department of Psychology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Author contributions: A.M.W.T., M.C.O., Y.D.K., C.J.E., and C.M.C. designed research; A.M.W.T., A.C., A.J.T., N.P.M., A.G., C.C., L.X., and C.M.C. performed research; A.M.W.T., A.C., A.J.T., N.P.M., A.G., L.X., C.J.E., and C.M.C. analyzed data; A.M.W.T., C.J.E., and C.M.C. wrote the paper.
- Received September 29, 2014.
- Revision received April 20, 2015.
- Accepted April 22, 2015.
This work was supported by the National Institutes of Health (Grant DA005010 to C.J.E.), the Shirley and Stefan Hatos Foundation (A.M.W.T., A.G., N.P.M.; C.J.E. is the holder of the Stefan and Shirley Hatos endowed chair), and the Canadian Institutes of Health (Research Grants MOP 12942 to Y.D.K. and MOP 123298 to C.M.C.). We thank Miss Sarah Pickens and Miss Zenna Evans for their technical assistance.
The authors declare no competing financial interests.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International, which permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium provided that the original work is properly attributed.
- Correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Catherine M. Cahill, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, 2117, Gillespie Neuroscience, 837 Health Science Road, Zot code 4265, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697.