- Received November 24, 2014
- Revision received June 3, 2015
- Accepted June 22, 2015
- Published in print July 29, 2015.
- Duyu Nie1,
- Zehua Chen2,
- Darius Ebrahimi-Fakhari1,
- Alessia Di Nardo1,
- Kristina Julich1,
- Victoria K. Robson1,
- Yung-Chih Cheng1,
- Clifford J. Woolf1,
- Myriam Heiman2,3, and
- Mustafa Sahin1
- 1F.M. Kirby Neurobiology Center, Department of Neurology, Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115,
- 2Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, and
- 3Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Author contributions: D.N., D.E.-F., A.D.N., M.H., and M.S. designed research; D.N., Z.C., D.E.-F., A.D.N., K.J., and V.K.R. performed research; Y.-C.C., C.J.W., and M.H. contributed unpublished reagents/analytic tools; D.N., Z.C., D.E.-F., A.D.N., K.J., and M.S. analyzed data; D.N., Z.C., D.E.-F., A.D.N., and M.S. wrote the paper.
- Received November 24, 2014.
- Revision received June 3, 2015.
- Accepted June 22, 2015.
This work was supported by the John Merck Fund, Nancy Lurie Marks Family Foundation, National Institutes of Health Grant P30 HD018655, the Boston Children's Hospital Translational Research Program to M.S., and the Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research fellowship to D.N., D.E.-F. was supported by Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg Faculty of Medicine Young Investigator Award Program, the Daimler and Benz Foundation (Project 32-05/13), and the Reinhard-Frank Foundation.
The authors declare no competing financial interests.
- Correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Mustafa Sahin, Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, CLS 14073, Boston, MA 02115.